Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bananna Bread


First let me say, I am horrible at spelling the word "banana." I always want to spell it like this :
"bananna."
So, to make it easy on myself, I am going to spell it the way I want to.

An extra "n" doesn't make a recipe any less delicious. Although this one was a little dry upon first eating it. It tasted much better after sitting, wrapped up in plastic overnight. Yes, maybe the recipe did instruct to wait and slice the loaf the next day, but who could wait when it is warm out of the oven and looks like that?

I used the recipe from the "Better Homes & Garden Cookbook." The topping is a streusel-nut crumble made from flour, brown sugar, butter, and chopped walnuts. In all honesty, the bread would only be O.K., not good, if it weren't for this stuff. Next time I may try Betty Crocker's recipe as I was dissatisfied with the dryness of the bananna bread considering the 1/2 cup of butter that went into the batter. Well, at least there are people in my house to eat it. I'll just eat the top.

Also, I can't get this annoying highlighting off of the preceding text; apologies.

1 comment:

  1. Tastes wonderful with butter, cream cheese or butter on it and goes great with a hot cup of coffee. Save some crumbles for me!

    ReplyDelete