Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Country Potatoes


Just a short post today.

Because sometimes all you eat during a crazy week are lunch meat sandwiches and left over mini chicken pot pies (which re-heat really well in the oven, by the way!)

These potatoes are the invention of a moment where I am stuck with half of a peeled potato from a different recipe that is quickly starting to rust and needs to be cooked, ASAP.

Chop, chop, chop into uniform chunks.  Toss in your favorite spices.  Saute in butter.  And, voila: you're good to go.  Just add ketchup and a side of pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon.  Perfect for breakfast, brunch or, my personal favorite, breakfast-for-dinner.

Country Potatoes

Yields: 1 serving

Ingredients: 

1/2 peeled baking potato, cubed
1 tsp dried chives
1/4 tsp Lawry's seasoning salt
Pepper to taste
1 tsp butter and/or cooking spray.

Directions:

Spray pan lightly with cooking spray and/or melt 1 tsp butter over medium heat (I added butter more for flavor, than for crisping the potatoes).

Place cubed potato in buttered pan and season with spices.  Cook for about 5 minutes or until lightly golden, stirring once or twice.





4 comments:

  1. I love the diced potatoes at restaurants for breakfast.  These sounds like the perfect improptu addition to breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sauteed potatoes, but I can never get them right when I try to make them at home! Maybe I will try your recipe next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I could eat potatoes by themselves. Such great little carbs!

    ReplyDelete