Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Banana Nut Muffins


I am going to be completely honest here, because I think the truth is a good thing, and I don't want to be called a liar.  These muffins are healthy.  On their own they aren't very tasty.  BUT, (and isn't there always a but?) they are a perfect vessel for streusel topping.

Streusel.  I would eat it on pretty much anything.


Brown sugar, melted butter, chopped pecans.  Is there really anything better?  I think there was a bit of flour in the mix too, but I left that out of the list of deliciousness because nobody thinks flour is good on its own.


BUT, (there it is again!) flour mixed with mashed bananas, nuts, sugar, an egg or twothat is baked in the oven for less than a half hour produces a nice, sweet package that can pass for either breakfast or dessert.


In the world of baked goods, versatility is a virtue. 

2 comments:

  1. i love streusel!
    what recipe did you use for these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the streusel recipe and muffin recipe can be found in the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to copy it out of my Mom's cookbook before I left home again, but next time I go home I will edit this post!

    ReplyDelete