Friday, February 17, 2012

Court's Clicks: 2/17/12

Look at that guy jumping in the corner!
This past week I went to my first collegiate volleyball and basketball games.


I have never been much of a sports fan, but I really enjoyed learning the rules of the games, and watching the fans of all ages release their inner warrior in chanting for our team.

In the end, we lost the volleyball game on Friday, but we made up for it by winning the basket ball game on Saturday.

While I enjoyed the games, I was quite distracted.  The whole of the basket ball game, my friends and I were sitting in the bleachers directly over the concessions stand.  Buttery, sugary, and meaty smells wafted up to us, enticing our senses.

So, for this week I bring you links centered around the theme of reinterpreted concession food.

Popcorn is definitely a sporting event favorite (the evidence is in the trampled bits of popcorn strewn around the bleachers after any game).  How about classing it up a bit with this Lemon-Herb Seasoned Popcorn?

Fried food can usually be found at any sporting event.  While I'm not sure if one typically finds donuts there, they are still a fried food, and I am going to use that weak transition to plug this naughty, but I'm sure very delicious recipe for Glazed Donut Hole Brownies.  Sorry.

To me, the most tempting smell of all floating up from that concession stand was that of the soft-serve ice cream.  While probably not the most figure-friendly treat one could buy there, this week, I found a recipe claiming to be The World's Healthiest Ice Cream.  Made with only one ingredient, frozen bananas, it seems like a quick and easy, healthy, sweet fix. 

So, from a budding sports fan: have a wonderful weekend, and go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment