Friday, February 24, 2012

Court's Clicks: 2/24/12


Sometimes life propels us forward just too quickly.  

There I was, rushing to chop my vegetables so that I could eat my dinner salad really fast, and then get back to the homework I needed to finish and then--

And then I looked out my kitchen window, and I saw that.  The sun was in a hurry too.  In a matter of minutes it descended beyond the rooftop, leaving a beautiful orange pink glow touching the soft clouds.  

I stood there and watched the light descend, until the sky turned dark blue.  Taking a deep breath, I realized something.  It's good to slow down, and sometimes God places before us sights like this that stop us in our tracks.

This week I invite you to slow down for a few minutes too, and find the beautiful in the everyday.  I've been doing this more and more lately, and so I only bring you two links (thank me later for wasting less of your time).

1) Candy, crunch, chocolate and peanut butter.  Yes, please: Butterfinger Rice Krispie Treats.

2) A piece of "good news" for once.  Click here for a heartwarming story about twins separated at birth who miraculously found each other as adults.

Happy Friday.




No comments:

Post a Comment