Friday, January 27, 2012

Court's Clicks: 1/27/12


It rained this week.  The last time this happened, I was soaked to my torso because I had decided to ride my bike to school, not thinking that the wind draft created by my pedaling would blow my poncho up over my legs, exposing me to the cold and merciless falling drops and splashing puddles.

This time, I walked in my trusty, water resistant boots.  I enjoyed standing in the middle of lakes of rain drops that formed within the valleys of uneven pavement.  Students rushed around me while I stood as an island, enjoying the scent of fresh rainwater absorbed by concrete.

So, what's the point to all these flowery musings?  Well, cold weather makes me want decadent food, namely, chocolate and peanut butter.  Also, since National Peanut Butter Day fell during this week, it only seems proper to show reverence to one of the foremost food gods in the pantheon of American cupboard staples.  Indulge:

This Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Cookie Pie is everything a dessert should be: rich, gooey, and rich.

Everyone knows the saying, "Life's short, eat dessert first." Well, I suggest starting your day off  with dessert: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Lastly, dangerously armed with all of the ingredients for this recipe, I very well may be making this Single-Girl Melty Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake sometime this weekend.

OK.  It's time to be honest with you...wanting to eat decadent chocolate and peanut butter food has nothing to do with cold weather.  The sun returned by Wednesday.  Today is Friday.


 Well, maybe I will just celebrate its reappearance with a little special occasion sweetness.



3 comments:

  1. I think just existing makes me crave peanut butter. I need to check out some of these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, I don't think I'm going to be able to resist making at least one of these. Peanut butter is my biggest weakness.

    ReplyDelete