Friday, December 23, 2011

Bites and Sites 12/23/11


Fridays I usually compile a list of my favorite links and call it "Court's Clicks: (insert date here)."  Truth be told, I wasn't on the computer looking at recipes much this week. 

Shocking, I know.  I guess this is because I usually web surf when I am procrastinating about school work, and now that I am on vacation, I don't really need to procrastinate about watching yet another TV show. 

So, this week I bring you a few words and a few pictures to round out the week. 

On Tuesday I day-tripped to San Francisco with my Mom.  We enjoyed being city girls while we were there, shopping at the biggest Macy's I've ever seen, eating at Mel's Diner (bring on the chocolate milkshake!), and seeing the Christmas tree at Union Square, and City Hall lit up with the colors of the season.  The only bad thing about this trip is that it has confirmed in my mind that I want need to live in some metropolitan area when I am out of college.  I have contracted the city bug. 


Of course, it wouldn't be Christmas without a little cookie decorating.  Yesterday, I made gingerbread men and terriers with my Mom.  

Being the nerd that I am, I made a Harry Potter:


A Frenchman: 


A somewhat frazzled looking Gandalf or Santa, depending on how you look at him:


And several representations of my crazy Norwich Terrier, Crumpet: (you can see he tried to steal Gandalf's thunder in the bottom left corner above, too).


Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment