Friday, December 16, 2011

Court's Clicks: 12/16/11


I've been home from college for about a week now, and I must say, it is glorious.  Days and nights have been filled with Christmas cheer: watching "A Christmas Carol" at my alma mater high school; decorated the tree and house with my Mom while singing along to the Elvis Christmas album; and have done a little bit of holiday baking (with more to come!)

Laziness is setting in though, and most days I'm not out of my pajamas until 11:00am.  But, this is vacation after all, and every day I'm feeling a little bit less guilty about relaxing after being high strung and having to swim my way to the surface of an ocean of papers and exams during last quarter.

How have I been relaxing?  Well, just sitting on the couch and surfing the web by the light of the Christmas tree has been one welcome diversion.

Let me show you what I found!

I feel like snow-men are one of the underrepresented shapes in holiday baking, but these Nutter Butter Snowmen are quick to make and would look adorable on any cookie plate.

So-simple Santa Hat Cookies made with a sugar cookie, a strawberry, and a little frosting...why didn't I think of that?

After making some Mint Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge earlier this week, I was interested in finding some other non-traditional fudge recipes, and oh, did I find one.  Turn your eyes towards this chocolate fudge made with Velveeta.

Just a little over a week until Christmas!  Who's excited?  Please excuse me while I go finish my Christmas shopping.  Our tree is beautiful, but things are looking a little sparse underneath it.

Ta-da!




No comments:

Post a Comment